Ministry of Digital Economy & Entrepreneurship
Terms of Reference
Youth Technology and Jobs Project
Project Management Unit
Job Opening: Grants Officer
- About the Youth, Technology, and Jobs (YTJ) Project
The Government of Jordan (GoJ) has received financing from the World Bank to implement the Youth, Technology, and Jobs (YTJ) project, which has become effective in April 2020. The YTJ project aims to improve digitally enabled income opportunities and expand digitized government services in Jordan. The project will build an impetus for private sector-led growth of the digital economy and make interventions to address specific constraints in the supply and demand sides of the digital economy. The project duration is five years. The Ministry of Digital Economy & Entrepreneurship (MoDEE) is the implementing agency of the YTJ project.
The objective of this TOR is to identify and hire a Grants Officer for the project.
- Responsibilities of the Grants Officer
Under the general supervision of the Project Operations Manager, the Grants Officer is responsible for the Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Review all applications received for the three subgrant programs run by YTJ to check for administrative completion and eligibility;
- Collect and publish answers to questions received about subgrant opportunities;
- Communicate minor application shortages with the applicants and request submission;
- Communicate reasons for not being shortlisted with applicants via the subgrants application workflow system;
- Coordinate evaluation committee meetings, and ensure applications are sent to the committee prior to each meeting;
- Prepare scoring sheets related to each application for evaluation meetings;
- Collect evaluation sheets and tally up scoring;
- Record any reservations or recommendations by the evaluation committee about applications and keep on file;
- Communicate shortlisting status to applicants via the subgrants application workflow system;
- Coordinate closely with the technical team in charge and the finance officer on Due Diligence process and completeness;
- Ensure the subgrants process summary memo includes all application and negotiation details;
- Draft subgrant agreements;
- Ensure timely submission of programmatic and financial reporting;
- Process subgrant disbursements in coordination with the Finance Officer;
- Process subgrant modification and closeout letters;
- Maintain subgrant records hard copies and soft copies, as needed;
- Perform any additional tasks requested by the Operations Manager.
- Eligibility and Required Qualifications
- A minimum of 2 years and no more than 8 years of relevant experience in a similar position preferably in the public sector or with international donors and organizations; candidates with experience that does not fall within the required number of years of experience will not be considered for the position; candidates with higher number of years of experience (up to 8 years), will be scored more highly;
- Experience working with government or major donors/ funding agencies (preferably including the World Bank)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of subgrant processes, policies and systems.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills.
- Self-motivated with a willingness to take initiative.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, work under pressure, and within teams to achieve objectives.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Communication and negotiation skills.
- Accurate and precise attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member.
- Excellent planning/ organizational skills, and ability to support procurement activities of several procurement plans in parallel. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact and communicate effectively and diplomatically with government officials and donors;
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Education Requirements
University Degree in Social Studies, Accounting, Business Administration, Languages or another relevant field.
- Duration of Assignment
The contract period is for one year, renewable up to 5 years. The Procurement Officer must diligently perform in a proper and efficient manner the duties set out within these TOR and any other task or responsibilities that may arise in relation to the proper management and delivery of the project.
Only the most qualified and suitable candidates will be invited to interviews. Interested eligible individuals may submit their application through the advertised vacancy on Akhtaboot at https://www.akhtaboot.com/en/jordan/jobs/amman/142768-Grants-Officer-at-Ministry-Of-Digital-Economy-and-Entrepreneurship
Deadline: Kindly Submit before January 31, 2021